In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counselling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine